|Management of Brocade FC SANs with Brocade SANnav 2.1.x|
|This course is designed for SAN administrators and operators involved in configuring, maintaining, operating, troubleshooting, and optimizing SANs with Brocade switches.
|Deeper knowledge of Brocade FC switches is required. Trainings ST901 and ST904 are recommended in advance. Furthermore Linux basic knowledge is very useful.
The participants must be familiar with the concepts of a Fabric, ISLs, Zoning as well as FOS. In addition, knowledge in handling command line interfaces and GUIs is required.|
|The goal is to learn how to use SANnav Management Portal or SANnav Global View as tools for managing storage area networks.|
|duration: 4 days|
price: 3250,- Euro + VAT
You can find the print view here.
This workshop will be conducted on the following dates:
On the first day the course will start at 10:00 and will end on the last day at around 13:30.
- Brocade SANnav Product Family Overview
- Installation and configuration of a SANnav environment in theory and practice
- Upgrade of SANnav and CentOS
- User management
- Zoning with SANnav
- Device and switch performance analysis
- Firmware Management
- Fabric Management and Monitoring
- Health Score Calculation
- Event management
- Call Home Support
- Configuration of MAPS
- Switch/Fabric Backup and Restore
- SANnav Server Backup and Restore (theory)
- Integration of servers
- Integration of storage
- Integration of SANnav in 3rd party products (e.g. VMware vCenter)
- Collect support information
- SANnav Troubleshooting and Diagnostic Features
- Sample Rest-API
- Migration from Brocade Network Advisor to SANnav Management Portal
- The following topics will not be discussed: FICON-, FCoE- and FCIP-Management.