| The course BR410-EN Veeam v12 (VMCE) Configuration and Management is a three-day, technical deep dive focused on providing IT professionals with the skills to configure, manage and support a Veeam Availability Suite v12 solution. With extensive practical exercises, the class enables administrators and engineers to effectively manage data in an ever-changing technical and business environment, delivering tangible benefit to businesses in the digital world.|
- Systems Engineers / administrators
- Backup / virtualization administrators
- Pre-sales / post-sales staff
- Solution Architects / Consultants
|Participants of course BR410-EN Veeam v12 (VMCE) Configuration and Management should be experienced professionals with solid knowledge of servers, storage, networking and virtualization. |
This course is the fast track version and requires experience with Veeam.
For newcomers we recommend the 5-day variant BR418-EN Veeam v12 (VMCE) with Storage-Connection. This course contains the basic course BR410 and enables a more in-depth treatment of the course content as well as additional information and exercises on the topic of storage integration with Veeam.
|After completing the training BR410-EN Veeam v12 (VMCE) Configuration and Management, participants should be able to:
- Describe usage scenarios of Veeam Availability Suite components and their relevance to their environment
- Effectively manage data availability in on-site, off-site, cloud and hybrid environments
- Ensure that both Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) are met
- Configure Veeam Availability Suite to ensure data is protected effectively
- Adapt with an organization’s evolving technical and business data protection needs
- Ensure that data recovery is possible, effective, efficient, secure and compliant with business requirements
- Ensure visibility of the business data assets, reports and dashboards to monitor performance and risks
This workshop allows you to prepare for the Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE) certification exam.
After successful completion of the course and the exam, you can call yourself a "Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE)".
You can take the exam after the course at a Pearson VUE test centre. It consists of 50 questions that have to be answered in 75 minutes. You need a score of at least 70% to pass the exam. You can find detailed information about the exam here.
You can take a trial test here.
For further exercises, the LABS are still available 10 working days after the course.
|price and duration:|
|duration: 3 days|
price: 2480,- Euro + VAT
You can find the print view here.
|Will be scheduled on request|
Please let us know here, when you prefer to have this workshop!
- RTO and RPO, what they mean for your business operations, how to manage and monitor them
- The "3-2-1 rule" and its importance in selecting a successful backup strategy
- Identifying key components of the Veeam Availability Suite and their deployment scenarios
- Backup basics
- Backup methods, use cases and their implications for the underlying file systems
- Creating, modifying, optimizing and deleting backup jobs, agents as well as NAS backup jobs. Presentation of different tools and methods to improve the performance
- Ensuring the efficiency by choosing the right transport mode and the impact of different backup functions on the infrastructure
- Replication Basics
- Getting to know the available options and their consequences
- Creating, modifying and deleting replication jobs
- Introducing the new Continuous Data Protection (CDP) Policy
- Backup Copy Job
- Creating and modifying simple and complex backup copy jobs
- Discussion on how to use tapes for backups
- Advanced Repository
- Repository scaling with SOBR on-premises/off-site and cloud storage integration
- Compatibility between existing deduplication mechanisms
- Introduction of the new Hardened Repository
- Data security in the cloud
- Data security of a native cloud application
- The benefits of Veeam Cloud Connect for cloud services
- Protection of Office 365 data
- Restoring backups
- The right tools at the right time - describing different tools and their features for restoring virtual machines, bare metal as well as your own files and folders
- Secure recovery without malware with Secure Restore
- The use of Staged Restore in consideration of e.g. the DSGVO
- Tools for instant recovery
- Restoration of replications
- Failover mechanisms and their correct application
- Creation, preparation and execution of failover plans
- Disaster recovery
- Testing backup and replication
- Ensuring that critical data can be recovered
- Configuring and setting up virtual sandbox environments based on backups, replications and storage snapshots
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and Veeam ONE™
- Monitoring virtual, physical and cloud environments with Veeam ONE™.
- Backup configuration discovery, migration and recovery