Training: NetApp, Veeam - Virtualization, Backup & Recovery
BR910 Veeam v11 (VMCE) Konfiguration & Management
|The Veeam Availability Suite v11: Configuration & Management (VASv11CM) course prepares students for the Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE) certification.|
- Systems Engineers / administrators
- Backup / virtualization administrators
- Pre-sales / post-sales staff
- Solution Architects / Consultants
|Experience in the IT field, specifically with virtual infrastructures, backup and recovery.|
This course is the fast track version and requires experience with Veeam.
For newcomers we recommend the 5-day variant BR918.
|This course allows you to prepare for and be eligible to sit for the Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE) certification exam. LABS are available for further practice for 10 business days after the course. You can take a sample test here.
You can take the exam afterward at a Pearson VUE test center
. Info on how to register as well as how to take the exam can be found here. The exam consists of 50 questions (English, duration approx. 90 minutes).
|duration: 3 days|
price: 2480,- Euro + VAT
You can find the print view here.
|Will be scheduled on request|
Please let us know here, when you prefer to have this workshop!
- RTO and RPO, what they mean for your business operations, how to manage and monitor them
- The "3-2-1 rule" and its importance in selecting a successful backup strategy
- Identifying key components of the Veeam Availability Suite and their deployment scenarios
- Backup basics
- Backup methods, use cases and their implications for the underlying file systems
- Creating, modifying, optimizing and deleting backup jobs, agents as well as NAS backup jobs. Presentation of different tools and methods to improve the performance
- Ensuring the efficiency by choosing the right transport mode and the impact of different backup functions on the infrastructure
- Replication Basics
- Getting to know the available options and their consequences
- Creating, modifying and deleting replication jobs
- Introducing the new Continuous Data Protection (CDP) Policy
- Backup Copy Job
- Creating and modifying simple and complex backup copy jobs
- Discussion on how to use tapes for backups
- Advanced Repository
- Repository scaling with SOBR on-premises/off-site and cloud storage integration
- Compatibility between existing deduplication mechanisms
- Introduction of the new Hardened Repository
- Data security in the cloud
- Data security of a native cloud application
- The benefits of Veeam Cloud Connect for cloud services
- Protection of Office 365 data
- Restoring backups
- The right tools at the right time - describing different tools and their features for restoring virtual machines, bare metal as well as your own files and folders
- Secure recovery without malware with Secure Restore
- The use of Staged Restore in consideration of e.g. the DSGVO
- Tools for instant recovery
- Restoration of replications
- Failover mechanisms and their correct application
- Creation, preparation and execution of failover plans
- Disaster recovery
- Testing backup and replication
- Ensuring that critical data can be recovered
- Configuring and setting up virtual sandbox environments based on backups, replications and storage snapshots
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and Veeam ONE™.
- Monitoring virtual, physical and cloud environments with Veeam ONE™.
- Backup configuration discovery, migration and recovery