Training: NetApp, Veeam - Virtualization, Backup & Recovery
BR918 Veeam v11 (VMCE) with Storage-Connection
|The course includes the contents of BR910 Veeam Availability Suite v11: Configuration & Management (VASv11CM) and prepares for the Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE) certification. Additionally, this course focuses on more in-depth storage information.|
This course is designed for beginners as well as administrators who want to implement the different levels of storage integration.
- Systems Engineers / Administratoren
- Backup / Virtualization Administrators
- Pre-sales / post-sales staff
- Solution Architects / Consultants
Integration will be demonstrated using NetApp systems as examples.
|Experience in the IT field, especially with virtual infrastructures. |
|This course allows you to prepare for and be eligible to sit for the Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE) certification exam. LABS are available for further practice for 10 business days after the course. You can take a sample test here.
You can take the exam afterward at a Pearson VUE test center
. Info on how to register as well as how to take the exam can be found here. The exam consists of 50 questions (English, duration approx. 90 minutes).
|duration: 5 days|
price: 3950,- Euro + VAT
You can find the print view here.
|Will be scheduled on request|
Please let us know here, when you prefer to have this workshop!
- RTO and RPO, what they mean for their business operations, how they are managed and monitored
- The "3-2-1 rule" and its importance in selecting a successful backup strategy
- Identifying key components of the Veeam Availability Suite and their deployment scenarios
- Backup basics
- Backup methods, use cases and the impact on underlying file systems
- Creating, modifying, optimizing and deleting backup jobs, agents as well as NAS backup jobs. Presentation of different tools and methods to improve performance
- Ensuring efficiency by choosing the right transport mode and the impact of different backup functions on the infrastructure
- Replication Basics
- Getting to know the available options and their impact
- Creating, modifying and deleting replication jobs
- Introducing the new Continuous Data Protection (CDP) Policy
- Backup Copy Job
- Creating and modifying simple and complex backup copy jobs
- Copying existing backup data to another disk system
- Advanced Repository
- Scalable repository with SOBR on-premises/off-site and cloud storage integration
- Compatibility between existing deduplication mechanisms
- Introducing the new Hardened Repository
- Data protection in the cloud
- Data protection of a native cloud application
- The benefits of Veeam Cloud Connect for cloud services
- Protection of Office 365 data
- Restoring backups
- Description of various recovery programs and their features. The right tool at the right time for restoring Virtual Machines, Bare Metal or your own files and folders.
- Safe recovery without malware
- The use of Staged Restore taking into account e.g. the DSGVO
- Tools for instant recovery
- Replication recovery
- Failover mechanisms and their correct application
- Creation, preparation and execution of failover plans
- Disaster recovery
- Testing backup and replication
- Configuration of Veeam DataLabs™ and setup of sandbox environments.
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and Veeam ONE™.
- Monitoring virtual, physical and cloud environments with Veeam ONE™.
- Backup configuration discovery, migration and recovery
- VMware storage integration:
- Features (such as snapshot orchestration, snapshot-accelerated backup jobs, etc.)
- Vendor comparison
- Hyper-V Integration
- Hyper-V ≠ VMware
- File-Share Backup
- Basic installation
- System preparation
- Snapshot integration