| The BR410-EN Veeam ® Backup & Replication™ v12: Configure, Manage and Recover training course is a three-day technical course focused on teaching IT professionals the skills to configure, manage and support a Veeam Backup & Replication v12 solution. With extensive hands-on labs, the class enables administrators and engineers to effectively protect and manage data in an ever-changing technical and business environment, bringing tangible benefit to business in the digital world.|
This course is based on Veeam Backup & Replication v12, part of Veeam Data Platform.
| target group:|
|This course is suitable for anyone responsible for configuring, managing or supporting a Veeam Backup & Replication v12 environment.|
- Systems Engineers / administrators
- Backup / virtualization administrators
- Pre-sales / post-sales staff
- Solution Architects / Consultants
|Participants of course BR410-EN Veeam ® Backup & Replication™ v12: Configure, Manage and Recover should have fundamental IT experience working with networking, servers, storage, cloud, virtualization and operating systems.|
This course is the fast track version and requires experience with Veeam.
For newcomers we recommend the 5-day variant BR418-EN Veeam v12 (VMCE) with Storage-Connection. This course contains the basic course BR410 and enables a more in-depth treatment of the course content as well as additional information and exercises on the topic of storage integration with Veeam.
|After completing the training BR410-EN Veeam ® Backup & Replication™ v12: Configure, Manage and Recover, participants should be able to:
- Describe Veeam security concepts
- Given a scenario, configure a backup job and a backup copy job
- Explain network-attached storage (NAS) backups and configuration
- Describe Veeam’s replication capabilities
- Determine appropriate use case for backups, replicas and/or continuous data protection
- Configure backup infrastructure components, including proxy and repository servers
- Given a scenario, evaluate when and how to apply immutability settings
- Given a scenario, recover data from backups
This workshop allows you to prepare for the Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE ™) v12 certification exam.
After successful completion of the course and the exam, you can call yourself a "Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE)".
You can take the exam after the course at a Pearson VUE test centre. It consists of 50 questions that have to be answered in 75 minutes. You need a score of at least 70% to pass the exam. You can find detailed information about the exam here.
You can take a trial test here.
For further exercises, the LABS are still available 27 working days after the course.
| price and duration:|
|duration: 3 days|
price: 2480,- Euro + VAT
You can find the print view here.
|Will be scheduled on request|
Please let us know here, when you prefer to have this workshop!
- What can be protected?
- Review of Veeam Data Platform and introduction to the class scenario
- Secure your backup server
- Describe strategies and tools to secure the Veeam backup server to avoid unauthorized access
and data leaks
- Application consistency with secure authentication
- Achieve application-consistent backups of virtual machines while maintaining operating
system secure authentication
- Protecting workloads
- Efficiently protect VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines based on well-defined SLAs through
the creation of backup jobs
- Deploying agents
- Identify the use of protection groups to automate the installation of Veeam Agents
and protecting workloads with agent backup jobs
- Protecting NAS
- List required components and features available to protect NAS solutions
- Optimizing your backups
- Analyze features and settings that allow backup storage optimization, faster backups
and data consistency
- Describe backup data protection mechanisms to avoid premature deletion
and unwanted modifications
- Linux Hardened Repository
- Identify characteristics and deployment steps of Linux Hardened Repositories to achieve
backup data immutability
- Object storge repositories
- Describe use cases, advantages and considerations to implement object storage solutions
as Veeam backup repositories
- Backup infrastructure optimization
- List deployment options and additional settings to improve general backup solution performance
- Describe use cases, architectures and features of replication jobs and continuous data protection (CDP) policies
- Backup copy Jobs
- Ensure recoverability and adhere to the 3-2-1 Rule with backup copy jobs
- Long-term retention
- List different mechanisms for data archiving, including grandfather-father-son retention policies
- Scale-out Backup Repository™
- Describe architecture, placement policies, data tiers and management of Scale-out
Backup Repositories (SOBRs)
- Move and copy backups with VeeaMover
- Identify use cases for virtual machine and backup migrations with VeeaMover
- Recovery verification
- Create automated tests to ensure recoverability from backups and replicas
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Describe the use cases for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Recovery scenario — Virtual machine failure
- Choose from different methods to recover a virtual machine from the backup
- Recovery scenario — Ransomware attack
- Securely restore a server after a ransomware incident with malware scanning of volumes
directly from the backup and as part of the restore process
- Recovery scenario — Agent recovery
- Explore available options to restore data from agent backups
- Recovery scenario — Explorer recovery
- Use Veeam Explorers™ to recover application items directly from image-level backups
- Recovery scenario — Guest file recovery
- Restore guest operating system files directly from image-level backups and from diverse
guest file systems
- Recovery scenario — Recovery from replica
- Describe virtual machine states available when recovering a virtual machine from its replica
and mechanisms to avoid data loss and interdependent services recovery
- Recovery scenario — Instant NAS recovery
- List steps and considerations to instantly recover an entire file share from its backup