|ONTAP 9 Performance Analyse including case studies and solutions|
|Experienced NetApp storage administrators and architects|
|We suggest to visit the training „ST200c ONTAP 9.x Admin Basics" or "ST221c ONTAP 9.x Data Protection & High Availability“ before. Also we recommend to have at least 9 to 12 months experience with ONTAP administration.|
|This training provides basics about the performance analysis on Netapp systems and ONTAP. This includes the NetApp hardware, software and tools for the data analysis.|
|duration: 5 days|
price: 4500,- Euro + VAT
Netapp Training Units: 60
You can find the print view here.
This workshop will be conducted on the following dates:
On the first day the course will start at 10:00 and will end on the last day at around 13:30.
|location|| ||start||end||seats available?|
|enrol -> ||Nuremberg|| ||16.03.2020||20.03.2020|| |
- Introducing the following topics:
- Physical and logical errors: e.g. fragmentation, misalignment, small IOs, reconstructs, silent data corruption
- Further „anti-bully“, „fairness limitations“ like TCP-Windowsize, buffer credits, quality of service and CMD queue limits for storage
- What are the effects?
- How can we recognize them?
- Countermeasures from NetApp: lost write protection, free space reallocate, read reallocate, dedupe, compression, compaction, VAAI, ODX, thin provisioning
- The mathematical basics:
- Queueing theory and the correct use of filer performance analysis
- Detect Open and closed loads, single threaded & parallel loads at clients
- ONTAP commands to identify…
- Highest latencies
- Highest IO loads
- Highest data throughputs
- Biggest queues
- Performance tuning:
- HDD + PAM = Flash Cache
- HDD + SSD = Flash Pool (Hybrid Aggregate)
- SSD only = All Flash FAS (AFF)
- Presentation: which optimizations are possible and rational in each case?
- Adequate consideration of the client IOs
- Estimation of the additional housekeeping IOs from a filer
- Size of the metadata and the working set
- Overview of external monitoring tools:
- System Manager
- OnCommand Unified Manager with OnCommand Performance Manager
- Harvest, Graphite, Grafana
- Troubleshooting configuration errors (HW / SW)